Monday, April 21, 2014

book cover

AIMEE_RAY_FOXANDCROW_3A_WK3

This is my children's book cover mock up for my illustration e-course! It was lots of fun to put together, I worked a lot with collaging in Photoshop, which is somewhat new to me. The flowers and branches are hand embroidery, and the rest is painted in Photoshop, with lots of layers. I'm learning so much in this class and being so inspired and challenged by the assignments and seeing so much variety in the other students' work. I like these quirky characters I've created, I definitely want to do more like this one!

xo aimee

2 comments:

  1. The mix of embroidery on your book cover is so much fun! Your art is always beautiful. I have a few of your embroidery books, but I have a big collection of children's books. If you considered writing, or even illustrating, a children's book I would buy it in a heartbeat. I know it's probably not that easy, but it would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement Liza! I appreciate it. I do hope to pick up some children's illustration work in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)