Friday, June 11, 2010

I ♥ crochet


I
Originally uploaded by merwing✿little dear

The crafty part of my brain that isn't filled with quilts right now (see my last post) is filled with crochet inspiration! Why do I want to make blankets when it's 90 degrees outside?! I am itching to crochet something fun and colorful and I have been practicing some granny square patterns in preparation. they are really fun and easy once you get the hang of them, and something you don't have to think too much about. They are great to keep your hands busy while watching netflix movies. ;) my yarn stash is severely lacking though, so until I can get my hands on some decent yarn, my blanket will have to wait (or maybe I can find a pattern for that giant, crocheted Strawberry Shortcake doll I saw at a thrift store recently. ha! ;)
Look at all the yummy colors these flickr crocheters are using! Something about crochet makes me feel cozy inside. :)

♥ aimee

4 comments:

  1. Crochet is the best! You should look up some summery crochet patterns on ravelry.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been nuts for doing granny squares this past week too :) I want to start small with a cushion but do a blanket someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! I came across a watercolor painting of yours as I was doing a search for gnomes. It's a gnome under a tree with a squirrel above him. I am wondering if I may use it as a template for a quilt block? It's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments! :D

    Stephanie: yes, that would be fine! I'd love it if you added it to my Doodle Stitching flickr group, http://www.flickr.com/groups/doodlestitching/
    or send me a pic when you're done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)